Waiting for the egg song...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kaymae1789, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Kaymae1789

Kaymae1789 Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2016
    Little Rock, AR
    I sat outside alllll morning waiting to hear the egg song from one of my newly laying white leghorn pullets. One (who started laying yesterday) spent 40 minutes on the nest and came out without so much as a peep. I checked the nest and low and behold.... We have egg! Little turd... Isn't that the way it always goes?! Maybe tomorrow they'll sing for me Haha!

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

One of my girls sings before she goes to lay. Another while she is laying. And a 3rd never sings at all!

Yes, little turds they are! [​IMG]

Love to hear the song. Sometimes ones that aren't laying at the time still sing along! [​IMG]

3. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Lol count your lucky stars! I have a barred rock that sings for hours every day and would get me kicked out of any neighborhood if I didn't live in the country! I know what you mean tho...I loved that sound at first!

4. Kaymae1789

Kaymae1789 Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2016
    Little Rock, AR

Hahahahaha!!!

That's kind of why I want to hear it. My neighbors love my chickens, especially their little girl, but I'm worried the egg song may change their minds!

5. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes! My old girls have formed the chicken cheerleading choir lol. They pace and sing! I used to think they were just waiting for that nesting box but nope...it's just become a group effort!

6. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Funny! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Kaymae1789

Kaymae1789 Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2016
    Little Rock, AR
    My other leghorn just laid and again no egg song. Silly birds, don't they know the rules?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by