Waiting for the egg to burst!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MWHITLEY, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MWHITLEY

MWHITLEY Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    So, as a few of you know, we have been incubating 16 duck eggs. (Rouen, Blue Swedish, and Cayuga). Well this AM they began piping! Its so exciting :) Those little sneaks refuse to give me the slightest glimpse of movement out of their eggs though. Other than one that we wrote "fiesty" on the egg. It wriggles to and fro all the time. We did lose one egg early on. Just stopped forming for some reason. Luckily that was an extra Metzer had put in :). So I'm counting 15/16 a win for our first round incubating! Cant wait for them to pop out and see us. They aren't actually due to hatch until Monday. We also have 11 chicks in a separate brooder. I LOVE spring egg heads! [​IMG] I'll post pics sometime soon of the goings on.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    CONGRATS on the AWESOME HATCH!

POST PICS!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

4. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    How exciting! i am glad my broody is done and the babes are hatched.. i honestly, don't know how you all do this hatch your own business, i am going grey from stress and the mama duck did the job. [​IMG]

5. MWHITLEY

Feb 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    Here's where we are currently. Pokes his little bill out for just a brief moment then back in. Lots of baby noise coming from in there. And the respond to your voice. To cute.

[​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Aww seems like it takes forever.

7. MWHITLEY

Feb 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    [​IMG]

8. MWHITLEY

Feb 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    That's duckling one of seven so far! All doing well. However I'm not sure there's room for them in there. There were 15 eggs. Side by side. And then after hatching, most eggs have remained near whole. The ducklings are so large the can't stand between the eggs and ceiling. Should we take them out? We've got the bathroom humidifying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by