Waiting list..

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Wild Hair, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Wild Hair

Wild Hair Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    I had been eyeballing a pair of Super African geese for a week or so and when I had the funds, they were sold out. I was fortunate enough to get on the waiting list.

Does anyone know the likelihood of being lucky enough to snag a pair? Is there anyone out there in the same boat?

2. wamtazlady

wamtazlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Kalispell MT
    I have a pair of Super Africans coming in May from Metzer's Farm. It will be the first time I've ever had geese and I'm excited...and a bit scared I might do something wrong.

3. abbyf

abbyf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2015
    I ordered a pair of super Africans and Sebastapols from Metzer too, due in May. Its also our first time with geese.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  4. Wild Hair

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    Maybe I should check their site again. I was trying to get in on the April 4th ship date but didn't make it in time. I have no prior goose experience as well, and I wish you guys the best of luck.

EDIT: I just checked and they're apparently sold out through July.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  5. abbyf

abbyf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2015
    I would keep an eye on the Metzer site Wild Hair as last year they had some super Africans available later on in the year I think it was November. There is also Holderreads but they are a bit too expensive for me at the moment. The other place is Johnsons waterfowl though you will have to call or email them.

6. Wild Hair

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    Thanks Abby I appreciate it. I was mostly interested in Metzers because I ordered my runners from there. But I'll check into the others sites you listed. I'm pretty much sold on the Supers but I could probably settle for some regular Africans or some Chinese. Do these other sites have a minimum order amount? I really only have the space for two geese right now.

7. abbyf

abbyf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2015
    No worries Wild I just did lots of google searches because the hubby was sold on them. Not sure on minimums for Johnsons Waterfowl when I looked he still had buff super's you can also purchase them via efowl as the middleman. Holderreads I think minimum is two but like I said they were a bit rich for me, maybe down the line. If I was you if your sold on the super's then send Metzers an email see if they may have any later on in the year like I said they had some available last November. Good luck on the search I have my fingers crossed for my 4 little ones to hatch on May 16th.

8. Wild Hair

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    Best of luck with your little ones. My little runners are shipping in two weeks and I can't wait.

9. Wild Hair

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    Ordering some Buff Africans from Johnson's today. I spoke with a lady on the phone and she seemed very polite and was very helpful. And did I mention how low their prices were!? Cheap charge on small orders and very reasonable shipping charges. They'll hatch in the next couple weeks she said!

10. abbyf

abbyf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2015
    So pleased for you Wild, I used Metzer only because I wanted another breed as well as the super Africans but I love the buff colour, please post pictures when you get your Runners and goslings so I can ohh and aahh .[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by