Waiting on chicks from Welp!...They're Here!!! Pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chubbydog811, Feb 25, 2009.

1. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    30 bantams from Welp Hatchery are due to come today or tomorrow! [​IMG]

Though I keep getting nervous, because I keep seeing everyone posting about chicks getting lost in the mail, and coming in dead! [​IMG]

The wait is driving me nuts! Luckily we're picking up a horse today, so that will keep me occupied for a little while!

How do you guys get past the wait?!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Your lucky mine is being shipped on the 23rd (of March). I'm ridiculous I have the bator all set up and I even finished their grow out pen yesterday,AND THEY'RE NOT COMING FOR A MONTH!!!!!!! I want them now![​IMG]

3. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    YAY! My chicks came (too) early this morning...I got the call at 6:45am.... [​IMG]

There was only one that was dead - it looks like he got squished, not sick or too cold. Luckily he was an extra.

The neighbors ended up with 15, I ended up with 17 - of course it was my order that came with a lot of extras [​IMG]

I wasn't ready AT ALL for them. I didn't think they would call until around noon, but thats what I get for thinking [​IMG] So right now they are camping out in a few boxes up in the bathroom, until I can get the dog crate set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by