1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

waiting on chicks...........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ozarkmomma, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ozarkmomma

ozarkmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    the ozarks
    I have chicks coming the week of July 5th. This is worse than being pregnant. I have lemon blue cochins, blue wheaton Ameraucana, and wheaten maran chicks coming. [​IMG]

2. Eleanore

Eleanore Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    I can relate....I have 15 assorted bantams coming week of June 27th...it seems like forever away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

3. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Haha, I just went through this.. I just got 2 silkie chicks yesterday. haha.. its worth the wait [​IMG]

4. klen

klen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    PacNW
    I have 6 coming that week, to finish out our flock for now. It's exciting!

5. ozarkmomma

ozarkmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    the ozarks
    When I got my first chicks last spring, I ordered quite a mix. I got mixed giant Cochins, mixed Brahmas, Marans, Welsumners, Ameraucanas, and Salmon Faverolles. I have ended up with Cochins, Ameraucanas, and the Marans being my favorites. I have rehomed the Brahmas. I still have a couple of Faverolles. I am super excited to get the lemon blue cochins. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I have chicks coming the week of July 5th. This is worse than being pregnant. I have lemon blue cochins, blue wheaton Ameraucana, and wheaten maran chicks coming.

they sound beautiful!!! especially the lemon blue cochins!! where might i find a pic??

I ordered my first birds at Christmas and the second hatch date was into Feb---seemed like an eternity! I feel for you . . . [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by