1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Waiting on the ladies -*Updated Pics*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Torch404, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Torch404

Torch404 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    I'm going nuts waiting for the eggs. This is my first time. All three are getting really close to laying. Out of the three Righty, Lefty and Lacy I think Righty will start any day now. I catch her in the nest, her comb and waddles are the biggest and reddest of the three. Lacey will probably be the last to lay as the sex links will start first.

BUT I just want an egg any egg come on....[​IMG] HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!! I keep looking in odd corners just knowing one of them has to be starting by now...but not yet....I just keep telling my self soon... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is an old pic of them but it's the only one with all three.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Nice looking ladies.

Patience is a wonderful thing and our animals are really good at helping us remember that. But before you know it, you will looking to sell eggs, because they will provide you with more than you will need.

3. Torch404

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    It was a beautiful if windy day and I managed to snap some nice up to date shots of the ladies. They are about 5-6 months old.

I have a correction I think it's actually Lefty I've been seeing in the nest and who is about ready.
    Lefty
    [​IMG]

Lefty and Righty

[​IMG]

Righty
    [​IMG]

Righty
    [​IMG]

Lacey
    [​IMG]

Lacey
    [​IMG]

Any good waddle judges wanna guess how long I got??

4. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    They are so beautiful! Believe me, it is so exciting when you discover your first egg. It was so hard to crack it open and eat it! After you have raised these birds and learn what all goes into making eggs, you just look at it in awe [​IMG] They are little miracles [​IMG]

5. amartinlb

amartinlb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Jersey Shore
    Lacey is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, right?

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    patience [​IMG]

7. whatthecluck

whatthecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    VeRmOnT
    I am another "lady-in-waiting" I have 4 that are 21 weeks now. "Omellette" has left some white feathers in her nesting box....just adding to my anticipation lol. So far no egg! Can't wait to see a pic when you get one!
    [​IMG]

8. Torch404

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    Quote:I believe so. She was actually sold to me as an easter egger but I doubt it. Since the other easter egger he sold me turned out to be a gold laced roo [​IMG]. If I get any thing other then brown I'll know who did it.

9. Torch404

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    I can't believe it!!! They finally did it I got two eggs the first day!!! Lefty and Righty must be on the same schedule.

Now I just got to wait for Lacey. The one off the plate is a store bought large egg.

[​IMG]

10. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    Well thats really good then! When my dad's started laying they were very small and now they are really big but it took a while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by