1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Waiting On Your Girlz To Go Broody! #2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencrazy999, Mar 7, 2014.

1. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hello,
    I have decided to make a thread for all of you who are waiting for your hen's (Girlz) to go broody Two of my hens have become broody but I had to break them as of the weather and It all seems to be going on as planned it was quite easy to break there broodyness all I did was shut them out of there coop for about and hour then made sure the nesting boxes where shut in the day and then opened them at night turned there light off and put them up to roost with the others this took about 2 days and they finally got the hang of it! anyway I have 2 white bantam silkies 1 brahma bantam and 1 pekin bantam and also 4 hybrids not much! and that's why I am hoping to hatch out some chicks this year.So the next time one of them goes broody I am going to let her hatch chicks.Anyone else waiting?[​IMG] Share your experiences ask questions and hope for a broody Lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Anyone[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by