1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Waiting out Hurricane Irene (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by yoie, Aug 27, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I live on the Easternshore of Maryland, in the projected path for Hurricane Irene. I feel like we have turned out house into a wildlife reserve [​IMG] I have the two dogs, my eclectus parrot, two groups of baby chicks, my rabbit, and the ducks all in my diningroom. We are just waiting out the storm and hoping for the best. Here are some of the shots of everyone waiting out the storm in my diningroom :[​IMG] The ducks are very mad with me, they can hear the rain outside and want out now!

Group One Chicks
    [​IMG]
    Group Two Chicks
    [​IMG]
    Rabbit Leela
    [​IMG]
    Group of Ducks
    [​IMG]

2. Fluff-n-Feathers

Fluff-n-Feathers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    The ducks may not like you now but they'll thank you later!! [​IMG]

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hahaha! Thats soo cute!!

4. yoie

Quote:I told the ducks after the storm passes they can have tons of fun in the giant puddles left behind

5. yoie

Raining really hard now, yard is starting to get saturated and the ditches are now flooded but everyone is doing great inside!
    Our Backyard
    [​IMG]

6. yoie

We all made it through the hurricane. Some backyard flooding and a few branches down but everyone is great! Chickens were so glad to get out of coop this morning, very muddy run but otherwise they are soo happy to be out! The ducks still in house, thier pen in under water, though I don't think they would mind [​IMG]

7. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    I'm glad you made it through ok. Irene (or what is left of her) is hitting us this morning. My chickens have a mud pond for a run. All except the old girls are soaked. The old girls are smart and stayed inside and won't let the younger ones back in. I may have to go and put the poor girls in the garage for a while. Hopefully this will dry out soon!

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    So glad you all made it through safely.

9. yoie

Ducks are now outside and loving it! They are swimming in our yard [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps