Waiting to cut a finger OFF!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    So, yesterday, the coal fire goes out. The guys aren't home. I've never messed with coal before, the guys would keep it going and I didn't have to do anything for it. So, I get a crash course on coal fires. When I say crash, I mean, holy freaking ouch! I was splitting the wood up into splinters to make it easier on me (I'm not a fan of newspaper to start a fire, I like pure wood), and caught my finger with the axe. Yay me. It was numb, but bled pretty good. Once I got the blood calmed down, it really wasn't much of a cut, but more like I had skinned it. Now, today, I was cooking and got a little overzealous cutting carrots and got the pinky on my right hand. Now that sucker bled like heck. Again, it wasn't much of a cut. I think they both bled so much because they were both on the joints of my fingers. So, now, I'm expecting the next one to cut a finger off, lol.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Ohh Betta .. you poor thing.. NO MORE SHARP OBJECTS.. Atleast for today....

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:Listen to the Brooder Boss [​IMG]

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Stay away from anything with blades! LOL

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    When I have days like that (often) I sit for an hour or two to slow down. Better that dinner is pb&j instead of spending it in urgent care.

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    back away from the sharp objects...

7. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Hmmmm, wonder if you have thin blood...... i know people who get even the smalled cut and bleed like crazy [​IMG]

8. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Ouch, must be careful with sharp things young lady!!!. Thank goodness you didn't get seriously hurt, eh?!!

9. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Keep away from sharp objects!!! And splintery objects! And anything that has the potential to be sharp, hot or pointy!!
    I once stupidly touched the stovepipe, and burnt the pad of my middle finger to a crisp. That was all bandaged, and a few days later, cleaning a slicer at work ( the wrong way) sliced the pad off the middle finger of the other hand. Surprisingly, the fingerprints grew back.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Jeesh!! Be careful silly! [​IMG]
    That must of hurt like he**! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by