Waiting...waiting. Meyer Hatchery and USPS

ThreePumpkins

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014
North central Pennsylvania
After months and months of waiting and based on my past experience with Meyer Hatchery, today should be the day that post office calls to tell me my babies are in! :celebrate Only...the phone has remained utterly silent this morning: nothing, nada. :confused: I check tracking again and again...and finally got an update that they left Cleveland at 9 this morning. I was hoping to have them safely in my brooder by then! Oh the waiting!!
Tracking says delivery on Thursday...Ugh, I should have picked them up yesterday. :barnie I love Meyer Hatchery. I just hope all my babies make it here safely.
To make matters worse, my hubby's schedule got switched this week and now I won't have a vehicle to pick my chicks up the rest of the week. Why USPS, why?!? My mail lady is going to have to deliver them....more waiting.:thShe is not gonna like that.

IMG_1905.JPG

They made it!

Eating up a storm

Gary

I am in the same boat, waiting.... Last year mine shipped on Monday and I had them in the brooder (in southern Ca) on Tuesday. The USPS is terrible about scanning stuff in and out, it shows mine are still in cleveland since yesterday afternoon but I am hoping they are further along than that!

I am holding out hope that they will get here today and be under my broody mama tonight:)

Good luck

Gary

All 20 chicks made it safely. :D I have been trying to id everyone...I have 6 rare breed assortments that I have been trying to figure out. I end up with 2 Egyptian Fayoumis chicks in the mix...one of the few breeds I was hoping not to get. :hmm (I have a pet flock of docile breeds on restricted free range...not the best fit for the EF chicks.) I am thinking I also got 1 cuckoo marans, 1 black sumatra and 2 easter eggs. Time will tell. Very happy with Meyer's chicks.

Back
Top Bottom