Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lovin my birds, Apr 22, 2011.

1. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    This is my first hatch out of an incubator. So pretty much i am scared out of my mind. Hoping i wont mess aything up. [​IMG] But i put them in only two days ago, and it seems like it has been weeks! Does it always seem to take this long. I let my hen hatch eggs last year and it was no big deal to me. Probably cause i wasnt the one doing it. [​IMG] But i am siting here just waiting. Bitting my nails, we need a smilly that is biting its nails. Haha! [​IMG] I would be using it all the time. Hey did anyone else set eggs the 20th? You could be my hatching buddy! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    This is my first hatch too, and I felt the same way last week. On day 9 when I candeled and saw all those embryos it seemed not such a long wait.
    Now I am half way through!!
    [​IMG]

3. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Yay! I cant wait till the day i candle and can see which are fertile and which arent. My rooster is very good at fertilizing. Haha! So I am hoping for 100% hatch on my OEGB! I also have two mutts in there but im not sure about those. They are from my americaunas, mixed with my only roo and BO, and i have never seen my rooster "with" them. LOL! [​IMG] What kind of birds are you hatching?

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I have blue and splash marans from a friend' flock.

5. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Exciting! They are sure to be beautiful birds. Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by