waits

Discussion in 'Quail' started by tuesdays chicks, Oct 24, 2010.

1. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    for these itty bitty eggs to hatch day 16 trying to do other things besides spy on the eggs, I'm glad I was at work today off tomorrow, but if they don't hatch tomorrow I might have to take more maternity leave on tuesday, wed and geez its 21 days for the chicken eggs friday. this is going to be the longest week of my life, what do you people do when your waiting for hatching. I guess I can take a napI'll be up every 2 hours tonight and I couldn't sleep last night I couldn't do this too often it was easier being pregnant myself, I'll need to sleep in the spare room with the incubator.

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I just check in the morning for hatches [​IMG] I get them often though [​IMG]

3. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I do believe I see pips wooopppeeeeee :woo [​IMG]

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Woot!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    now I'm paranoid about them drowning in the shell, what should the humidity be at this point.

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I stay with 60% and have great hatches.

7. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    ok its 61 now was up to 70 today but I opened the vent earlier, I can hear them peeping now.
    I'm so excited.

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    WooHoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What I do most of the time is just stare at the incubator window until they "ALL" Hatch! LOL [​IMG]

Hehe, you could always: Clean House, make quail shaped cookies, go stare at your empty brooder, get on BYC and just stare at pictures of baby buttons ( like I did when I first hatched out buttons ... [​IMG] ), OR .... you could just go stare at the incubator like you will do anyway .... [​IMG]

9. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

WooHoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What I do most of the time is just stare at the incubator window until they "ALL" Hatch! LOL [​IMG]

Hehe, you could always: Clean House, make quail shaped cookies, go stare at your empty brooder, get on BYC and just stare at pictures of baby buttons ( like I did when I first hatched out buttons ... [​IMG] ), OR .... you could just go stare at the incubator like you will do anyway .... [​IMG]

how right you are and everytime I turn the light on I hear a peep lol​

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh, How Wonderful .... [​IMG] That'll REALLY make ya go to sleep ... [​IMG]
    How many eggs do you have in the bator, what kinda bator are ya using? Do you have a brooder all set-up? Where is the incubator located in your house?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by