Wake County NC ordinances? Can't find them!

flightrisk

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
I can find just about every city and town's ordinances, but I am not inside the bounds of any city. I assume that the fallback is Wake County rules or State Rules. Can anyone tell me what they are or point me to a link where I can read the law? Thanks!

-f

Wow, that simple? LOL. I was on that site and used it all the time when I was looking to buy a house and research real estate, GIS maps, etc. Sort of scary that anyone can see an aerial photo of your property, see plot lines, know your name, address, what you paid for the house, whether you paid your taxes or not, etc!

I guess I couldn't find it because a google search gave no maches for any of my search terms. I read the document and it looks like it makes no mention whatsoever of livestock. It only says you can't abuse animals and goes in detail about a bunch of rules regarding noisy or dangerous dogs or animals, but nothing specific mentioning anything about poultry, chickens, horses or anything else.

What a difference to read a local ordinance and then to read the county ordinance. Not sure if there are any other rules to have to worry about, but a prudent person has to look at county, local, and neighborhood regulations.

-f

It does pay to do your research that is definately true. I would expect you would be ok since you are not in the city/town limits. I would give them a call just in case. I stay near jacksonville nc and since the zoning is basically rural farm land, I don't have any problems having ducks, etc. Unfortunately one ticked off neighbor can make the difference!

Hello,
Your comment about one ****** off neighbor making a difference. How? My neighbor is keeping 11 goats, 3 pigs, probably 50 chickens, a mini horse, 4 dogs, 4 cats on less than 1/2 an acre and my whole neighborhood smells like goat pee. Its horrendous. There are no zoning ordinances to protect our home enjoyment and I don't know where to turn for help. What can we legally do to make a fuss and get rid of the goats? THey are commercially making goat soap and goat cheese.

Back
Top Bottom