1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

~*~ "Walking Incubator" for sale, with daughter ~*~

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by SilkiesForEver, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Hello everyone. [​IMG]

I have a Blue Silkie hen, who is 1 1/2 years old. It seems that she was born to be a "Walking Incubator"!

Here is a link to my thread that explains in detail. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/732516/i-have-a-dilemma#post_10170357

Anyways, I'm looking for a new home for her (and her daughter), where she can brood to her little hearts content. I love broody hens, but frankly, I have too many already!

Let me tell you a bit about them,
    Minnie, is a year and a half old, blue Silkie hen, who loves to brood. She's hatched three batches of chicks, within the last year. Dixi is one of her chicks from the batch before last. Minnie is a dominant hen, and likes to be on top of the pecking order. She is shy but loves being held. She loves any kind of treat, and will eat them up fast. [​IMG] The only problem, is I have only gotten 7 eggs from her and those eventually became chicks. [​IMG] I've had her since February.

Dixi, is a 6 month old Silkie/Star? mix. She is a sweet hen, who lays a tan colored egg every other day, except in the winter. She has trouble seeing sometimes, because of her huge crest. Dixi isn''t a dominant pulet, and gets bossed around by my little D'uccle hen to is 2 times smaller than she is! [​IMG] Dixi, likes being held, but is very shy.

If you can give Minnie and Dixi a home, please PM me. I live in Cali. [​IMG]

Minnie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dixi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. ChixAddict

ChixAddict Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2012
    Seguin, TX
    Too bad I'm not closer. I love broodies. Minnie and Dixie are beautiful girls. I hope you find them a great home!! [​IMG]

3. alisar

alisar Chillin' with my Peeps Premium Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Temecula
    My Coop
    Quote:
    LOL! So cute :)

4. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you! I think I already have! [​IMG]

5. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    She's such a character. [​IMG]

6. ChixAddict

ChixAddict Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2012
    Seguin, TX
    [​IMG]Yea!!! Congrats!!!

7. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    I know! [​IMG]

8. Wow I would love to have these cotton balls! But I'm not in Cali!?

D:

But they're adorable! Hope they find a wonderful home! Good luck!

9. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you!

I did find them a great home! [​IMG] A home where she can brood to her little hearts content. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by