1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wall hangings?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Zahboo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Has anyone made wall hangings before? I am learning to quilt, but for my mom's birthday, I wanted to make a tiger themed wall hanging. If anyone has any advice or information, let me know. Pictures of your wall hangings are appreciated.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have made quite a few of them, actually. I dont applique, though, and you can see why on the "Achy Breaky Heart" one. [​IMG] All of mine are pieced and quilted completely by hand. Haven't made any since I learned to use a machine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Those are cute! I don't know how I'm going to make it yet...

4. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    If you have a photo or find a picture of a tiger, it can be printed on fabric with a regular printer. Walmart has it. Then you could put some type of borders around it. The center of this was a photo of a friends horse in the morning fog in his pasture. This was before it was finished and it is pinned to a curtain so it isn't hanging straight.

[​IMG]

5. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by