wall waterer

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
This might not be the right place to post this.

I'm trying to find a waterer for the coop that will mount on the wall. All I've been able to find are the round ones. I need half round. Does anybody know where to get something like this?

thanks,
CG

At one of the online suppliers last summer, I saw a square, wall-mounted shelf, designed for putting a waterer or feeder on. The only wall mounted waterers I've seen are the automatic ones. The little red cups or bowls, that have a hose attached.

I have auto waterers that can mount on the wall inside or outside the cage or coop. They come in two styles: One is open at the top for drinking and the other has a covered top and has two round cut outs in the front side for the bird to put its head in to drink. They can be mounted inside or outside of a cage or coop that has corresponding holes cut in the wall or wire.
They are grey plastic rectangular shaped waters with cage hangers plus small lag type bolts/washers so they can be hung on wire or bolted to plywood. They have a float mechanism and a black rubber hose that can be attached to a water hose or to a hose fitting on a pipe system. We use pvc pipes with hose fittings and a shut off valve at each coop.

The only problem that we have had with them is that eventually, after a couple years, the black hoses start to break down so we are starting to replace them with pieces of the white drinking water hoses used for RVs and boats. I recommend the open top style for very large birds or birds with large crests or huge combs. But the open front windows style is better if you have birds that will perch on it. Also, be careful if you put chicks in with the open top style.... we had one jump in and drown.
sad.png

I spoke with John at the store and he said that if you call him, he could probably arrange to ship some to you.

They are called "Auto Cage Fountain" $21.99 (open top style)
"Auto Cage Fountain with Windows" $23.99 (front opening style)
Contact John at
Livermore Feed and Farm Supply
3170 4th St
Livermore, CA 94550
(925) 447-4203.

As you can see in the photo, there are plastic "hooks" at the back of the unit for mounting on wire. Below that are some small bolts with washers and nuts that we have thru the plywood. The black water hose is partially visible going out thru the plywood at the far side of the unit. It is easier to unhook them for dumping out water that has been dirtied if you use the hooks to mount to wire rather than the bolts.
100_2486_1.jpg

See that cochin roo? He got into another pen and got his butt kicked and every feather plucked out of his head by the meanest Silkie roo in the world. Needless to say, that cochin wasnt going to any shows anytime soon after that incident. Silly guy thought he was the top dog.

Sorry that I couldnt get you a picture of the closed top style, too, but Im away from home right now so I just searched thru my computer for a picture that had a waterer in it.
Chellie

That is perfect, except I don't have a water source where the coop is to be. I'll be hauling it over. Is there a way to combine that waterer with say a five gallon bucket on the outside of the coop? Unfortunately there's not a really good way just yet to get a hose over there either.
Any engineers on the site?

thanks!
CG

(I figure to put a regular waterer out in the run. I'm just trying to save space in the coop and keep the bulk of the litter dry.)

Back
Top Bottom