Walmart and Livestock Goods

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hooligan, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    So I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but Walmart is now selling livestock merchandise.
    Our local store has Scratch, Layer Pellets, Hog Feed, Horse feed and cracked corn. Plus they have saddle blankets, ivermectin paste, halters, leads, all kinds of horse/cow stuff, huge rubber feed/water bowls and lots of suppliments.
    This kinda bums me out a bit bc the local feed stores now have to contend with WMs prices.

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    I noticed this recently. Did you notice they don't have chick starter/grower yet? My local feed and seed layer pellets/crumbles price is better!

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Ours have been selling scratch for over 4 years now. They never get the hint that they should sell layer pellets

4. BaronRenfrew

BaronRenfrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Where's the stuff from ... China?

Take note of a new frozen vegetables company "Europe's Best" some of their stuff is from Europe, the rest from China.

5. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

I've noticed the scratch, but refuse to buy it.

We buy from a local feed store, who carries Pennsylvania products. I buy as much as I can from the local farmers.

Em

6. NJfarmer

NJfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    New Jersey and Maine
    I dont see any chicken food at my local Walmart. Were is it at the pet section?

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    The only thing our's sells is BOSS and it's in the wild bird seed Dept. I quess it's where you live if they will sell any thing else...

8. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Ours does carry chick started and currently are sold out!
    I can't believe yours has been selling it for so long, our just started about amonth ago.

~~~Yes, its inbetween the Pet and Bird food section.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  9. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    ours sells all that also - I get the feed for our flock at TS but in a pinch we had to buy a bag of layer pellets at walmart - but we dont make a habit of buying it - it just looks "cheap".

Julie

10. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I get mine Purina (tho myu dogs would never get that stuff-not good enough quality in the dog food dept) and the bags are 50lbs...at Atwoods and WM the bags are only 40lbs!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by