Walmart CEO talks of upcoming food prices

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Apr 14, 2011.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    UGH!

Might just stock up on rice, beans and all the canned goods to last us a while.

2. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    My big white butt!!!!!!!!! arggg they make me crazy
    Last time the grocery prices went up because of gas they said. Well they never dropped back when gas went down, so now they are gonna add more onto more to line there pockets on us as usual......................makes me so darn mad!!!!!!!!!!!! Kim

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Time to help my dad plow the garden.

5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Quote:[​IMG]
    This is great advice. My DW sometimes complains when I come home with another 100# of rice for $24.00 or when I put another clutch of eggs in the incubator but it is all about preparation. Those extra 20 cand of food drom the store when they are on sale will also be quite helpful. That rice may someday turn into somewhat expensive chicken food but at least it will never go to waste.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    This is great advice. My DW sometimes complains when I come home with another 100# of rice for $24.00 or when I put another clutch of eggs in the incubator but it is all about preparation. Those extra 20 cand of food drom the store when they are on sale will also be quite helpful. That rice may someday turn into somewhat expensive chicken food but at least it will never go to waste.

and if properly packaged, it can last 30 years safely.

The price hikes I were looking at are 20% across the board to start..

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    This isn't something new. These inflationary pressure have been in the system for years. The retailers just can't hold back raising their prices any more. The combination of inflated currency, higher gas prices, natural disasters effecting food production, etc... we are screwed.

8. GarlicEater

GarlicEater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Gilroy, CA
    I'm glad we're at least partially self-sufficient here, and preparing for a future where we'll be a lot more self-sufficient.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln

and if properly packaged, it can last 30 years safely.

The price hikes I were looking at are 20% across the board to start..

By putting dried beans and rice in the freezer?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by