walmart eggs......and the relationship of bird color and egg color.

Farm_Maven

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Tishomingo
I guess wal-mart agrees with foodnetwork!! I just got this from walmart's website about eggs!!

Brown vs. white

The color of the egg’s shell is a reflection of the breed of hen. Breeds with white feathers and ear lobes, such as White Leghorns, lay white eggs. Those with red feathers or ear lobes lay brown eggs.

so I guess there are no chickens with red feathers AND earlobes?

I didn't even know chickens had earlobes... They sure as heck don't use em when I try to call em...

Wyododge...actually they do....they use the lobes to block the ear canal so that they can't hear you....

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
It's actually not true. If it were, my BR's would lay zebra striped eggs!! And what would lay green/blue eggs?!
I was just putting it out there because there was a long discussion about this when the thread about Foodnetwork mag(?) was posted.

It is always amazing when misinformation is shared! Food Network and Walmart are two examples of companies who should have the resources to make sure the information is accurate. Once these giants put the misinformation out there, it can be accessed by millions of people who may or may not continue its spread
hmm.png
which makes me thankful for the information shared (and sometimes corrected
smile.png
) here on BYC!

Back
Top Bottom