wandering chicken in GA

StrayChickenMom

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2016
So a chicken showed up in our cul-de-sac on Christmas. 5 days later it was back, flooding and foxes led me to allow it in the garage. Can't keep because of city ordinances. She roosts in a broom in the garage! Anyway I have a new home for her with other hens but need to make sure she is a she. I will post pics in the proper thread area.

Hi :welcome

What a shame you can't keep her. It's nice you have found her a new home. I'm sure members in the what breed gender section will be able to help you.

Good luck, I hope she is a she so she can have a new home with friends :fl

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Happy New Year.

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for helping out a chicken in need. Hope it's a girl!

Well the group here thinks it's a he! And the first home didn't work out so well, Noel (the wandering chicken that first showed up on Christmas) was very aggressive and a big bully to the 3 smallish hens they have. But good news is that a person who re-homes hens in GA has agreed to pick him up and place him, knowing it may quite possibly be a rooster. I am excited for Noel!

Back
Top Bottom