Wandering free - getting the last good grass of the season!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DawnB, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's a few of my gang. I don't know if they'd ever been allowed to free range by the previous owners. They're certainly having a fun time of it now! The last bit of green grass is at their mercy! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Ha ha, I bet they sure are in joying those greens out there! Nice pic!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Those bare trees reveals what is to come. Cold temps and bare ground. Lovely photo.

4. BackyardAnita

BackyardAnita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    Great pic, chickens and ducks sure like the grass!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Great pic! Enjoy the last of the grass feathered friends! [​IMG]

6. OneCrazyCowgirl

OneCrazyCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

It is so funny how much chickens love the grass! It's like mealworms to them! XD

7. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, OldChick...I'm up in Northern (lower) MI. We had a dusting of snow last weekend. It's just a matter of time. What I can't wait to see it next spring/summer. We have a ton of grasshoppers and crickets (they jump away in waves as you walk across the ground). Should be a riot watching them go after those!

8. janelle18

janelle18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My Coop
    Mine are hilarious when they free range. If you watch them from the house they contently travel the property eating and scratching. But as soon as you go outside they are like magnets, they run over to you as fast as possible hoping you have treats! They have no even figured out which barn we keep the grain in and will forage around that building so that they are good and ready when you come out to give them treats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by