wanna-be farmer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by blogachick, Feb 11, 2017.

1. blogachick

blogachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2017
    Dancing with Chickens
    Hi All,

I am an old hippy chick writer. I live in the city but have turned my backyard into a farm where I grow organic food and dance amongst the chickens. I began my farming career several years ago after reading yet another headline telling me that the American diet of processed, sugar laden, chemically-enhanced, genetically-modified food we are eating is making us sick. I went in search of a healthier diet and found a new way of life. As for the chickens, I brought them home for the eggs. Who knew I would fall in love with them?

I’ve spent a lifetime as a city gal so reinventing myself as a farmer has been a challenge. I am a work in progress and I’ve come here to connect with other chicken people, learn from them and exchange stories.

Blogachick

2. Bantambird

Bantambird Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2013
    Montana
    Welcome! Chickens sure are fun to have around, aren't they? Welcome to the family!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Blogachick, and [​IMG]! It's really great to have you aboard! Lots of BYC members started on a quest similar to yours and that brought them to chickens - and they are happier and healthier for it. A great forum in which to share your poultry and life experiences can be located in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/39/pictures-stories-of-my-chickens
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC - and enjoy your flock! [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a change in lifestyle for you :D It's great to hear you have fallen in love with your chickens, they sure are easy to do that with.
    Good luck in the continuing farming lifestyle you now have. It sure does sound more healthy and good for you.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under blogachick [​IMG] Welcome!

I love your avatar!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Glad you joined us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Would love to see your chicken dance- it might catch on here. We have a Bycer "Sourland," who is famous for his "broody" dance. Many believe it makes hens go broody and set on and hatch their eggs.

Welcome to the Backyard Chickens flock. We can always use more folks with a sense of humor

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

9. blogachick

blogachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2017
    Dancing with Chickens
    Hi Bantambird, redsoxs, Yorkshire Coop Mod, Teila, Chicken Girl, drumstick diva and NFC,

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. It feels like I've just found new friends from all over the country and all around the world!

1 person likes this.
  10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    There are a lot of friendly, nice people here so get involved, jump in on the conversations, offer help and share pictures...you'll make lots of friends here. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by