Wanna play guess the mix that made this rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mama24, Apr 18, 2011.

1. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I have no idea. A friend gave him to me, and he is drop dead gorgeous. She hatched him out of a blue egg.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't get a front view, but he is the widest bird I've ever seen. And his legs are pretty short. He might have some bantam or small bird in him b/c he isn't any taller than my red sexlink, and is shorter (his body) than my Delaware.

He's very sweet and gentle. We've only had him a week, so he's still scared of me, but he's getting better. I have a hard time catching him, but I've been trying to hold and pet him at night. He's extremely hard to catch, then just goes limp in your arms, no kicking or pecking. Tries to hide his head under my arm and then lets me gently set him down instead of flapping off like my annoying Dellies do. lol

She had to get rid of him b/c he was beating up her (MUCH larger) purebred roo that she wanted to breed with her purebred hens. Clyde is a ladies man, and he isn't going to let any other roosters stand in his way, even if they are bigger! LOL

2. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    i have no idea but he is Gorgeous

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Got me but I agree he is Gorgeous.

4. desireefawn

desireefawn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Peterborough, Ontario
    SO handsome!!

5. PONTIACCHICKEN

PONTIACCHICKEN Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    I hope mine are as gorgeous!!! He is beautiful!!!

6. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    WOW!!!!!!! [​IMG] You are the lucky recipient of none other than the extremely RARE Silver Onyx Quintana Roo!!!! [​IMG]

7. mtngrl812

mtngrl812 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Silver Onyx Quintana Roo??? wat dat? He is a pretty romeo roo, maybe he comes from from the Johnny Depp line [​IMG]

8. Silverduck

Silverduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    That is one of the prettiest roosters I have ever seen.

9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Quote:Silver Onyx Quintana Roo??? wat dat? He is a pretty romeo roo, maybe he comes from from the Johnny Depp line [​IMG]

He is definitely a romeo, that's for sure. my rsl was trying to snuggle up the night I brought him home, and they both already seem to love him.

10. lady feathers

lady feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2010
    Silver grey dorking x Scott dumpy- just a guess!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by