wanna see my new stash of babies?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tazzy, Mar 23, 2009.

1. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    We have 35 chicks due to be delivered next week from Cackle and Meyer hatcheries, but I couldn't resist the new order in at TSC. I bought five buff orpingtons, five silver-laced wyandottes and five gold-laced wyandottes. Well, supposed silver and gold-laced. You never know with TSC! I even posted a separate thread on the "what breed am I" board to ask for sure what I have!

But they are so cute and I will love them no matter what they turn out to be as adults. Here you go (and those are our four week-old ducklings in with them. I had to separate them a few minutes later as the ducklings were pecking at them, but until then, it was cute.)

[​IMG]
    Here's the whole boxful of 15.

[​IMG]
    closeup of one silver-laced wyandotte (supposedly the breed, at least!)

[​IMG]
    everybody, including one pekin duck in the middle and a couple of baby mallards in the back.

[​IMG]
    just cause they're so cute, my ducklings!

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Nice babies. Your going to have your hand full soon. Thats alot of chicks.[​IMG]

3. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    so cute!! quite a handful! good luck

4. tazzy

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    yeah, hubby is already making plans to enlarge the chicken coop. right now they have a 13' x 10' area indoors and a 20' x 15' area outside. he is going to expand the outdoor coop and we're also going to start letting them have free range outside during the day.

of course, we are likely to end up selling some of the hens once they're older. there is a big market for young pullets in our area.

5. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    They are sooo cute. I love the ducks. [​IMG]

6. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Awww cute!

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Cuteness swathed in fluff! [​IMG]

8. tazzy

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    thanks! the "what breed am I thread" that I started is indicating that I have five easter eggers, five wyandottes, with one gold and four silver, and five buff orps.

so...the TSC stash always varies from what you expect! [​IMG]

9. justonemorehatch

justonemorehatch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    They're just adorable. [​IMG]

10. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Super cute!! Yeah, I was going to suggest that you might find yourself with some EE's in that bunch and possibly BO's as well. I love mine so far. Neat breeds to raise!! And I just Adore that picture of your ducks!!!! Could they be any cuter?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by