wanna swap?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silkieluvr, Feb 24, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Anyone interested in swapping hatching eggs? we can either do 6 ++ eggs or maybe 12 + if the girls cooperate! Please post in interested with what you have!

here is the link to our website to see pics of the birds! www.freewebs.com/goldengatepoultry

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
  3. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Wow, looks great, so many different breeds! So would you want to do 6 or 12 eggs?

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh sweet, I'm excited to get some of your eggs, Grace! They are gorgeous!
    Hey Alyssa, how about we get a mix of her hamburg, porcelain d'uccle, and mille fleur d'uccles? They look wonderful!

We have 35 eggs in the bator right now though, not even a full week in, so we can't get any eggs for like three weeks! Busy busy busy... [​IMG]

Hey, just out of curiousity, does anyone know what you'd get if you crossed a porcelain to a mille fleur? Because isn't porcelain the mille fleur color diluted by the lavender gene?

5. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Ooh I love genetics! If what your saying is correct, that makes Porcelain an 'albino feather' version of Mille Fleur, right? *ha* I'm thinking it would depend on which gene is dominant, Mille Fleur or Lavendar... I don't think you'd get a mix of the colors. But I could be totally wrong.

BTW: Grace is EXCELLENT at shipping eggs!

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I have some pretty decent white leghorn bantams laying right now if you want to swap those

7. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Silkieluvr, sorry for being random [​IMG] But, could we swap 8 eggs [​IMG]

Kanchii, thanks [​IMG] I just gotta' find out how you and Silkieluvr are related [​IMG] Actually, 3wks. or more would be perfect timing, because by then I would have had time to ship eggs to the other people wanting some, and my own incubator would be empty [​IMG]

Countyroad1330 (A.K.A Cammie [​IMG] ), thanks. Hey, shouldn't you have eggs to swap with Silkieluvr, too? Or are all your eggs going straight in the bator [​IMG]

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Haha, Oh I just stalk her...
    JK!
    Ayssa (silkieluvr) and I were in the same riding group called Pony Club for several years. I had always wanted chickens and one day at a show someone mentioned Alyssa's chickens. So I marched over to her and said "I didn't know you had chickens?! Do you mind if I keep one or two at your house?" And that's where it all began. [​IMG] I'm not in that riding group anymore but I go over to Alyssa's house so often that her parents keep telling me I should just get adopted by them already.

I feel guilty. After I started keeping my first chicken, Duck, at her house, we descovered what a poultry show was, and she has gone from having about 10 chickens at her house to about 30 now. MY BAD, ALYSSA! [​IMG]

9. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] oh, okay.

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:For the F1 generation, you would get all Mille's, after that, if you bred the chicks to each other, you would get approximately 25% Porcelains, 50% would be Milles carrying the lav gene, 25% would be pure Mille.

Mille Fluer is a combination of genes, Porcelains are Milles with the addition of the lav/lav gene.

The Lavender gene is recessive, other than that particular gene, Milles and Porcelains are genetically identical.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by