Wanna take a guess?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GreenGoddess, May 26, 2010.

1. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Ok.. I have 10 chicks that are 5 1/2 weeks old.. 5 of them SHOULD have been females since they are golden comets but looks like those little stripes on their backs don't mean diddly! See what you think!

This is Bella (Golden Comet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Ginger (Golden Comet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Peaches (Golden Comet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Willow (Golden Comet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Pebbles (Golden Comet) Male?!?!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Cinnamon (was supposed to be Golden Comet) wanna take a guess one gender AND breed?! Someone said RIR when (s)he was a week old but she's not that dark.. (S)he has the same coloring as the golden comets but without the white)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Janessa (Delaware)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Snowball (Delaware)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is Shikoba (Dark Brahma x Silver Ameraucana)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And last but certainly not least, Miracle (Silver Americauna x ???) Wanna take a guess one what she may be mixed with as well as gender? Hen was the silver and she came from a blue egg)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Let the guessing begin!!

Goddess [​IMG]

2. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    The one you call Pebbles looks JUST like and I mean JUST like our AmberLinks!!!!! Not sure on any of their genders! lol

3. GreenGoddess

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    MomtoSyd&Emma :

The one you call Pebbles looks JUST like and I mean JUST like our AmberLinks!!!!! Not sure on any of their genders! lol

So maybe there is still hope Pebbles is a female?? [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Quote:So maybe there is still hope Pebbles is a female?? [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

lol Not sure about THAT but we bought ours all out of the Pullet bin and they look like yours lol I will take a photo of them in a bit and post it lol

ok I ran out to the camper coop and snapped these real quick (I dont know why the 2nd pic is green at the bottom, odd) Also our chicks are about 9.5 weeks old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. GreenGoddess

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    ok.. So, I've narrowed Pebbles down to a golden comet roo, Amberlink (roo or pullet) and Isa Brown (roo or pullet)... When i was looking at pics, the Isa's didn't look like the had stripes on their backs at hatch.. Did the amberlink? Pebbles definitely had that reddish color with two stripes just like the rest of the goldens.. You could definitely tell the difference between the pullets and cockerals in the bin... That's why I'm so confused!!

Goddess [​IMG]

6. MomtoSyd&Emma

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Quote:as a chick they were pretty much solid yellow/white colored

[​IMG]

7. MomtoSyd&Emma

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
  8. GreenGoddess

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    MomtoSyd&Emma :

look at this link I just found lol confuses me more too lol

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/grd/1760243479.html

See? The chicks in the bin looked exactly like those in the pic.. I picked out all the darker ones with the stripes on their backs.. The ones I left in the bin were that beautiful light yellow so I knew they were all males.. The only two that looked different were Cinnamon and another one that died on me at 1 week old.. They were a little darker than the rest and didn't have stripes.. They were supposed to be golden comets (gold sex links from Ideal) but i think someone put them back in the wrong bin.. But the 5 that were definitely goldens, SHOULD have been female...

Goddess [​IMG]

9. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Pebbles looks like a golden comet roo.

10. GreenGoddess

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Quote:See, that's what's confusing.. "he" was darker colored with two reddish stripes down "his" back like the rest of them.. I thought they were sex links because they were supposed to beable to be sexed at hatch?!?! [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by