Wannabe Mille Fleur Wyandotte?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by onthespot, Mar 27, 2009.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hey, someone just gave my friend this roo a few days ago. She has no idea what he is. Anyone seen a bird like this before? He has a rose comb five toes, white shanks and feathers along the outside of the shank and outer toe... Calm disposition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If he's got white skin, he's probably a mix of speckled sussex and some other things.

3. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    He is so handsome.

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I love solving mysteries.

I will post some photos of birds I think are potential sources of this studmuffin.

Salmon faverolle
    White skin, extra toes, white wings, brown saddle feathers, feathered shanks.

[​IMG]

Mille Fleur pattern- speckled sussex or mille fleur d'uccle

[​IMG]

Silver laced Wyandotte

[​IMG]

I wonder if you just put a mille fleur d'uccle with a sliver laced wyandotte you would get this?

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I don't know but he is GORGEOUS!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    He is a mix. That is not quite a mille fleur pattern, but I LIKE it. Haven't seen that type of pattern mix before--it is definitely mottle, but to have red/gold hackle & saddles with the rest of the body back & white is different. Also, the mottling doesn't appear to occur on the saddle or tail?

With 5 toes, he is crossed with one of the 5-toe breeds: silkie, sultan, dorking, houdan or faverolle.

I see dark on shanks and toes--how about the rest of his skin?

Houdans & sultans have a V-comb, dorkings & faverolles have a single comb, silkies have a walnut comb which is the combination of rose and pea comb genes (always modified rose modified, sometimes pea).

Dorkings have short legs that are not feathered. His appear to be short, but are very slightly feathered.

Handsome bird. I suspect he is probably a project bird, but possibly simply a yard bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by