want 1 pullet:Pure Araucana Welsummer Speckledy Buckeye dUccle Barneve

crazy4eggsJulie

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Hello everyone,
My husband and I and our 4 children live in a country subdivision. We recently decided that we would really enjoy a friendly backyard flock of laying hens. (Roosters are not allowed in our subdivision due to noise and neither is breeding) I have researched the topic online for HOURS and HOURS the last few days and have selected a handful of breeds that will work best for us. Now I am trying to FIND them. The thing is, we can't have many and I want each one to be different! So, I am on a search for anyone willing to sell a single pullet of any of the following at a reasonable price. (we don't need show quality-these are just for fun and eggs) We don't know how to hatch them on our own yet and don't have a hen to do it for us. I've checked tons of hatcheries and can only find these in day old chicks, straight run. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welsummer
Speckledy
No EE's! Pure Araucana-black, lavender, black breasted red, brown/red, partridge, cuckoo

Pure Ameraucana-blue buff, silver
Buckeye
Barnevelder
Porcelain and Self Blue D' Uccle

Yes, mypetchicken.com has everything else that I wanted except what I listed...
Do they change stock regularly or is the selection pretty much "set"?

I'm wanting the blue-est blue eggs (sky blue) and possibly olive ones. All my online research points to the Araucana. It appears that I can't choose the color of the actual feathers of the bird though, like lavendar or black, etc. Has this been everyone's experience? Thanks!

you will be paying a LOT of money for the araucana if you want specific colors. Lavender is still a project also......so I doubt you will find any available....especially a pullet.......good luck
thumbsup.gif

If you are in the US I don't think a speckledy is bred here, I though it was in the UK?

If you put your general location under your screen name or just post it here- YOu might be able to find someone on here who is within driving distance that might be willing to part with some of those breeds. A lot of the people on here will go out of there way to help you get started. They want to draw you into the chicken addiction!! LOL Good luck!!

Thanks guys!
We are located in Lake Jackson, TX.

I was afraid of that...the feed store has some supposed Ameraucanas-but had no idea what color the adult would be. Is there a huge difference in the hue of the "Easter Eggers" and the true Araucanas and Ameraucanas?

I bought Araucana eggs from hijinks...that is at least close to her name, Jodi. Traveling kills off alot of eggs, got six growing....out of those, three have hatched and one pipped. The other two eggs are still silent. Tomorrow may be another story.

Yea, Araucana and the real Ameraucana come from breeders, not hatcheries. Ask around the club. Go into the chat and ask what everone has, I found someone I speak to alot who has Blue/Black/Splash Orphingtons...I will have these...lol

Enjoy the adventure.

Araucana eggs were $30 for a dozen when I bought them.
So far hatched two blue and one white chick.

Sorry, read the post above mine. Be careful of Hatcheries.

I bought Araucana/Ameraucana's and what they actually are...Easter Eggers. Lots on the pages about these breeds, I have some info on my home pages. I love my EE's though. But one day, I will have the other two breeds.

Wellsummer, Self Blue d'Uccle, Porcelan d'Uncle, and one other....Oh I forgot what you wrote... are at Welp Hatcheries. My feed store orders from them and they sell healthy chicks that develop well.

sorry about so many posts....what was the other one you mentioned...brb

Back
Top Bottom