Want a good chuckle? (Duck Poop)

tmorgan46

Songster
Sep 22, 2015
Stafford, VA
Search this site for "duck poop consistency". If you're not ROFL'ing in 2 or 3 minutes, then you must be normal and I am in serious need of medication!!!
Full disclosure - our ducks and geese for that matter, poop every measurable and consitency wise fecal matter known to man. Being curious and wanting to ensure I'm watching for anything which I may need to act upon; this site seemed like a natural to find what constitutes healthy poop as opposed to sickly or infection prone. Well, going back to 2011 and 2012, there were a few BYC loyalists that put the humor into duck poop!! And now, I'm feeling much better that I've done my civic duty and shared!!
BTW, in case you're wondering, it's all over the map and I didn't find anything which suggests I need to worry. But that doesn't mean I won't stop inspecting!!!

:) Happy Reading BYC's!!!

Troy & Tina

One of the first questions casportpony asks folks who have ailing ducks is, can you upload a photo of his or her poop?

It is an important matter!

Nice to have you here!

Thanks Amiga!
And that's what caused me to search in the first place. I've noticed on more than one occasion where the question "what does the poop look like?" is asked. But what I didn't see in most of those posts are what specifically to look for in the poop. So, I took the next step and started searching the site to see if maybe there was a list or collection of "good poop" and "bad poop" pictures / descriptions.
Not finding fault - just relaying what my motivations were / are.

Oh, sure, makes sense.

We have sometimes shared that a poop encyclopedia - illustrated, of course - would be a superb project. But none have taken it to completion at this point, to my knowledge.

You have probably gathered that bright green is a trouble sign. Not the green from peas or vegetables, but there's a certain nearly neon color that can indicate internal damage. Not always fatal, but serious.

Blood in the stool is another serious sign.

Aroma also, of course, provides clues, but really aromatic poo can simply be part of a normal day. Ducks can get nervous, or eat loads of protein, or just have that cecal poop.

Back
Top Bottom