Want a good deal? Get your casket at Walmart.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by boaz, Oct 28, 2009.

1. boaz

boaz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Woodville, MS
    Let me check my list: toilet paper, cereal, laundry soap, a new DVD and the off-white casket in the corner. This news somehow is striking me as a bit odd but it could just be me. Actually, it is online sales so it not like you have to get a casket into your basket at checkout. What could be next?

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Please tell me its a Halloween decoration....

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have heard talk of that for a while, since about 2003 or 2004 when I used to work for a memorial park.

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    When they offer cremation services there, I'm heading of for the hills....[​IMG]

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I googled and am stunned and speechless.

I hope this is one thing that I will not have to use DH's discount on...

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

6. Danceswithchicks

Danceswithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I sure hope the next thing is live chickens! [​IMG]

7. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    LOL LOL [​IMG] Its really real?
    Who knows, maybe its not such a bad idea... the price of caskets is outrageous! Maybe affordable ones at wal-mart will actually be really beneficial to those without life insurance. Depends on how much you actually save though... unless its a really decent amount, I think wal-mart trying to sell caskets is just plain weird.

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I think via sam's club they've sold them for some time now.

9. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    Actually Sam's Club hasn't sold caskets before, I think they are trying to compete with Costco who sells them via their website only.

10. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    O.K. how many people think I should be worried????? I find a thread by my husband and find out he's shopping for caskets? It's just the two of us here so who's it for? I think I'll cancel my life insurance policy now - that way there's no monetary incentive. But, just in case, if I suddenly dissappear from BYC I want someone to notify the authorities.....

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=casket

Edited to add: And by the way, I don't want a casket. Just in case something happens to me, donate all organs and anything that can be used to help others and cremate the rest and scatter the ashes somewhere pretty - a forest or lake will do just fine.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by