Want eggs for hatching in Washington state

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Strader, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Strader

Strader Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima
    I am wanting to purchase hatching eggs for my incubator in or near Washington state. I live in Yakima, WA. I want to get Delaware and Rhode island red eggs. Want to purchase around (60) of each. Incubator holds (123). Want to buy the eggs in late February or March. Anyone know of Delaware's and Rhode island reds near me please update thread. I have Delaware and Rhode island reds now but no rooster and don't want cross breeds. Thanks a bunch.

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I currently have marans but I want to cross breed them with EE and get eggs darker green than this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]
    this pic doesnt show well but this EE lays olive eggs but looks delaware.

4. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]
    Blue Maran hen, and below is the rooster I plan on using he is a Blue Americuana/Cochin mix when he breeds with my hens I will have Blue chicks with Olive green eggs.
    [​IMG]

5. Sarevan

Sarevan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2013
    White Swan, WA
    I live south of Yakima and I was wondering too if there was anyone around that did eggs or chicks other then getting them from Coastal or Blehyl's during chick days. Supposed to be someone in Toppenish that does speckled sussex, and another that does marans I haven't been able to locate either.

Barons farms on west wapato road I think have RIR, haven't gotten close enough to see, but they sell their eggs not totally sure for hatching just eating. You may be able to call them and find out for sure. They man I spoke to before we got our birds was very nice and informative. Biosecurity was very obvious on the property too. I would give them a call at least you could find out if anything where they may have gotten their birds.

6. Strader

Strader Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima
    Sounds good, I'll be able to do at least (120) in my incubator. I could use a nice Rhode Island red rooster to go with my Rhode island hens and also use him with my Delawares and hatch some sex links. Hoping to hve incubator ready in about two weeks. did see some rhode island roosters on Craigslist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by