want guineas

Hi Erin,

Where in MA are you? I know a woman in my town that had a bunch of Guinea eggs in the incubator as of May when I picked some chicks up from her..
I just got three one year olds for free from someone that was giving them away. They are still in lockdown because I have a feeling if I let them out they will be history! I am located in the Southeastern part of the state.

I am in central MA. about 20 minutes from worcester. But after all I have read about guineas , I am thinking maybe a couple of turkies instaed?

big_smile.png
I want Guineas. But I would have to fence in my front yard first.

Clip one wing and they wont be able to fly, fence them in, then they will stay home
smile.png
Mine stay home but then again I live on 11 1/2 acres... They have more room than they need..

If you get a few babies they should stay home. Mine are still young but they run all around the property eating bugs. We have 3 acres more or less. They also have a little heard of chicks and turkeys that fallow too. It is real funny to watch. There are 2 half grown guineas, a male and a female and then 5 younger keets, 10 to 15 young chickens and 2 turkeys that run together. Then there are also 2 half grown gosling and 2 ducks that are with them. THey go on thier own when I let them out. They love following my DH when he mows since that throw the bugs around. It is a blast to watch them. Jenn

You don't ahve any problems with chickens / turkeys together? I see conflicting dicumaentation about thet. i would like turkeys If I decde no on the guineas.

Hi Erin, i know of some people who had some hatch a few days ago. They are in Northfield Ma. If you decide your interested, email me and i will mail you back the peoples contact info.

[email protected]

A couple of my turkeys free range, in other words I clip thier wing and they still get out..lol and the chickens also free range. They leave each other alone. I have had a couple times where a rooster that is not top dog go after my rehab tom. This tom turkey doesnt know he is a turkey though. Neither one was hurt at all. I would not put them in a small coop together though. My turkeys and geese are in the same pen together. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom