Want Just One More.......Central Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by K7 Menagerie, Sep 19, 2008.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I am looking for just one more chicken (or at least that's what I tell my husband [​IMG] ). I have 7 hens, wouldn't mind a good natured roo or another hen. I have EE, Welsummers, and one bantam Cochin. I would like to get someone a little more unusual - such as a frizzle, sizzle, Maran, etc. [​IMG]

I'm in Central OR, willing to drive a bit for the right chickie!

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  2. Chamelle

Chamelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    Hi!

I'm over in Springfield, but would be willing to drive a ways as well... I have a young welsummer cockeral that needs a new home and a gorgeous EE rooster. They're both really good natured and have been handled lots.

I also have four frizzle/sizzle babies that I just hatched out. I can only guess that I'll end up with some roos. If you can wait a bit, maybe we can work something out?

Would you like to see pics?

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm in Phoenix and wishing that I had a couple of different hens that layed white eggs.

You know they say you'll know when enough is enough, but I'm just thinking two more...

leghorns anyone?

4. carousel

carousel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    NW Oregon
    I have 2 brown leghorns - but they are chicks - 4 weeks old
    I was in Sisters on Saturday! but I have idea when I will be back over the hill.
    I'm in Woodburn

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

well, if you wanted to meet me in the gorge around the holidays, I would be willing to bring you one of mine... I have for sale. I have blue cochin cockerel available, a porcelain d'uccle cockerel, some sumatras, light brahmas hatching soon & sultan bantams hatching soon, as well! Oh and I have some BEAUTIFUL golden laced cochin cockerels...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  6. K7 Menagerie

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Oooooo, a golden laced cochin? Do you have any photos?

7. Rare Feathers Farm

I have one rooster, "Barnabus" that turned one year old in July...here is a pic, taken earlier this year:

His lacing is actually much prettier than this picture shows...

[​IMG]

I'm asking $25 for the adult & $15 for the juvenile.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

And I have a younger male, hatched in May/June...these pics are from this spring & he's older now but not quite full-grown. I'm asking $15 for him.

[​IMG]

9. K7 Menagerie

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Oh how gorgeous! I definitely would like one of those two handsome lads! We'll have to plan a meeting. How are their temperaments?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. Rare Feathers Farm

Barnabus, the older one--he is pretty shy--but he's a nice rooster. He will just stay out of your way when you're around him. The smaller version of Barnabus will approach you, eat out of your hand & follow you around the yard...however, both are hard to catch....but are fine once you pick them up. I'll be traveling through the Gorge to Portland for Thanksgiving & could meet you then. Other than that, my handler who lives in Yakima will be meeting me October 11th in Wenatchee & then returning to Yakima that same day....I'm not sure if you're up to traveling to Yakima, or not...but that would be a way to get him to you sooner. [​IMG]

Thanks~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by