Want Lavender?????? Ameraucanas AND Orpingtons!!!!!!!!!

tgrlily

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
East Syracuse
Love Lavender but can't choose between Lavender Project Orpingtons & Lavender Ameraucanas? Get both!
wink.png
In this auction, I'm offering 6 of each! These eggs will ship out Tuesday the 22nd.

Ameraucanas:
I have a beautiful lavender Ameraucana cockerel(11 months old) over a lavender hen & two split hens. All but the lavender hen are from Pips & Peeps... they're big & beautiful! The lavender hen is from Chicken Stalker...she's a bit smaller than the splits, so I'm hoping the rooster will improve the size with the next generation. All the lavender chicks I've hatched so far look perfect! Statistically, half of the chicks from the splits should be lavender, so you may end up with mostly lavender Ameraucana chicks.
smile.png
If I can get them outside tomorrow, I'll take more pics. We had literally a ton of ice which slid off the roof blocking the pop-doors today -- which is better than it falling on the chickens!

Orpingtons:
I have 2 beautiful Lavender roosters over 2 Lavender pullets and 4 stunning black hens. The Lav pullets & cockerel are my 2nd generation from hinkjc, the older is an enormous rooster who took a very long ride here from Pennsylvania! Thanks, Jody & Charlie! The mother of my younger lavenders is a split who won Best of Breed & Best English at the NYS Fair. My Black Orpingtons are from jmhappycowboy whose blacks are from bamachicken. We feel it's very important to continue to improve the breed & because we show, we only keep exhibition quality birds. I'm using these beautiful black Orps to improve on the body type and the size of the Lavenders, which are already very good. When bred back to a lavender rooster, half of the chicks of the splits will be lavender. Right now, I have Elton, our Lavender rooster over the lav pullets & Adam, the Lavender cockerel over the splits. The Orpington eggs will be marked L or S, so you'll know which pen they're from.

We have excellent fertility here, but can't guarantee how the USPS will handle them. I pack eggs the way I prefer to recieve them & only send the freshest ones. I'll individually wrap each egg in a generous amount of bubblewrap, then nestle them snugly in shredded newspaper with another layer of bubblewrap lining the box to cushion them. I also put foam padding in the bottom of the box. They'll ship out priority mail on Tuesday directly from the Syracuse hub to save shipping time. Paypal only, please!

Happy Bidding!!

Ameraucanas... please excuse my lousy photography!! The cockerel had a much better beard till the girls decided to give him a make-over!
24727_phantom_ameraucanas_020.jpg

24727_phantom_ameraucanas_012.jpg

24727_phantom_ameraucanas_009.jpg

The chick on the right is my girl when she was little - the other chick was rehomed:
24727_ameraucana_chicks_4-30-10_040.jpg

Orpingtons:
Adam & the girls
24727_110.jpg

24727_imag0293.jpg

24727_imag0296.jpg

24727_imag0298.jpg

24727_255.jpg

24727_245.jpg

24727_258.jpg

Last edited:
I am new to this, so if I have a lavender chick from a split will it have lavender chicks always when a lavender roo is used?

Quote:
Yes, lavender is a recessive gene & needs 2 copies to be visually lavender.
So... lavender roo + lavender hen = lavender chicks
lav roo + split hen = 1/2 lav & 1/2 split chicks
split roo + split hen = 1/4 lav, 1/2 split & 1/4 black chicks

Renee

Thanks! I love both breeds, too!
love.gif

I've got some that should hatch today. Unfortunately, my most reliable incubator is suddenly not holding the temp steady. I've been watching it like a hawk. I really need to get a better incubator!
barnie.gif

Quote:

If you breed split to split and have 1/4 black and 1/2 split how do you tell the difference between the two?

Thanks, Jean.... just what I was going to say.
smile.png

I've been lucky enough to have a lavender rooster in both breeds. I haven't bred split to split here yet.

pips&peeps :

You can't tell the difference between a black and a split black chick.​

Back
Top Bottom