1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Want Layers in North MS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sabrinainmiss, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Sabrinainmiss

Sabrinainmiss Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    Gothenburg, Nebraska
    Looking for young laying hens in North MS area. Just getting started and don't want to start with chicks. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Redneckchick

Redneckchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Call Lamar's chickens in Hernando 662-233-0107 . Don't know if he has any that are laying age yet, but he had some that were almost half way there(7-10 weeks). Dominiques and Black sex link pullets was what he had when I bought from him. Super nice guy to talk to. Good luck

3. pearsjd

pearsjd Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    N. Central AL
    I don't know if it is too far but we are west of Birmingham. I have 14 mo old Buff Orphingtons and Black Australorps. They are laying up a storm.

Susan

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Where in NMs are you? I have some mixed breed hens I could let go of. I am in SW Tn,about 50 miles north of Corinth.

5. Sabrinainmiss

Sabrinainmiss Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    Gothenburg, Nebraska
    I live outside Water Valley (between Batesville & Oxford.) I think I am going to the First Monday in Ripley next weekend have been told there will be lots of chicken all sizes and breeds. Thank you for replying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by