Want Pullets-So Hard to Find!!!

SkilletLicker

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 27, 2014
So I have looked everywhere for pullets (I only want three or four) that will be available mid May. All I can really find are chicks and not juveniles/pullets. I don't want to invest in all the equipment for chicks nor do I want to leave them in a bedroom while I work full time. I am apprehensive to order from a distant location but I am willing to drive within a three hour radius from San Jose, CA. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for colorful egg layers who will be great for young children (and me!!).
I've searched: Craigslist, BackYard Chickens, My Pet Chicken, and local working farms.
Anyone?

Last edited:

azelgin

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
S.E. AZ
Keep checking the places you already are, but you may have to open up you acceptance to something you might not find ideal. Its like shopping for a car: You're going to have a hard time finding a low mileage, late model, import convertible, yellow, orange leather seats, 30 mpg, automatic transmission, etc. . . . Chickens are the same way. If its exactly what you're looking for, it's probably not for sale.

ChickensRDinos

Songster
7 Years
Aug 19, 2012
Los Angeles
Hello. I generally buy my pullets from Dare2Dream Farms. They are in Lompac but deliver all over California including San Jose and the Bay Area. I have had birds delivered to my home in LA and also visited their farm for pick up and have never had a compliant.

Available birds and a calendar with delivery dates and prices are on their site.

http://www.dare2dreamfarms.com/

Top Bottom