want some orientals

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fowlsessed, Nov 27, 2011.

1. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Anyone know where I can get some bantam Asil, shamo, thai or brazilian orientals? And also, will these chickens, largefowl or bantams, Attack other non agresive species untill they're dead, or because of the fact that the other chickens are not game, things will be alright? Thanks for yor answers.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    My shamo tried to kill a feral rooster the other day. Once they start they don't stop. The roosters have to be kept separate from all other roosters or they fight till one or both of them are dead. It's the way they are. They don't care if the other does not want to fight back. The feral rooster was trying his best to run away from the shamo and he was still trying to stomp him. Not only do they have to be kept separate, they also need to have the sight of any other roosters blocked from them. You can do a search and find quite a bit of information about keeping them and the precautions and special feeding that you have to do.
    sharon

3. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Special feeding. they need special feding? And how about those tie-cords? Dont they fight when they are on those? even though they can't reach each other, they can see each other and they are so close.

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I have a shamo and they have to have a lower protein feed. What each specific breed needs you would have to check into. They take two years to mature and if grown off too fast can have leg problems. They need lower, wider perches to protect their keels and legs as well. I don't know about the spacing between them when tied off. They are great birds to have. I have just gotten started but you do need to learn what you can about their basic care before commiting to them.
    sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by