Want Sumatra eggs or chicks Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mikesbirds, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Mikesbirds

Mikesbirds Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Lebanon, Oregon
    I'd rather have standards, but if I can only get bantams that would be ok. If I am buying hatching eggs, I would rather get them from nearby. I haven't had much luck with shipped eggs.
    Thank you for reading this!
    Mike

2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Hey Mike!
    Isnt Oregon great!! [​IMG][​IMG]
    I dont have any hatching eggs, because the ones I do are in incubator. But if you just want some chicks then in the begining of Feb I might have some if you would like. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] Crossing my fingers my hatch goes ok.
    I will have some purebred buff Orphs and then just a mix of Buff/RIR and then other mixes.
    Yea for Oregon!
    [​IMG]

3. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I LOVE SUMATRA!!! They were the first chicken I ever wanted. I got my sumatra before I even started into peafowl.

Anyway, in the Fall I bought a STUNNING pair of Exibition Blue Sumatra from Tom Kenan (the show sumatra king!) I bought them right out of their show cage at a poultry show. (and paid a fortune for them too)

As soon as they start laying I can send you eggs. I have them with a really nice black sumatra hen, so out of the trio I should get both colors. They are standards.

Hes only 6 months old.... what a tail already!!!
    [​IMG]

She has lacing on EVERY feather....
    [​IMG]

4. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    They are beutiful!! I bought a pair on just black standards at the swap meet in Va. in Sept. My male also has a beautiful tail. I can't wait to get some eggs from mine, maybe get some from you too!!! [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow, they are beautiful!

6. Mikesbirds

Dec 28, 2007
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Hi TSAgirl,

I have some buff orps too, maybe we could trade eggs to get new blood? I have some bantam barred cochin/barred rock mix eggs, and some cubalaya and orloff.

I didn't know there were so many chicken farmers around here! Thank goodness for local.
    Mike

7. Mikesbirds

Dec 28, 2007
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Hi Peachick,

Yes I would be interested in trying your Sumatra eggs. I haven't had good luck with shipped eggs, but I really want some nice looking Sumatras. Mine don't look much like they are supposed to. Their tails are too high and short, and their faces and combs are really red.
    Mike

8. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    OK. When they start to lay I will post again.
    I have had good luck with shipped chicken eggs.
    But I suppose its different for everyone.

9. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    the user "flyingmonkeypoop" on this board breeds show quality sumatra I think you can find him and his website here http://www.infinityheartfarm.com/
    he
    is in deer park washington [​IMG]
    good luck..
    Denna

forgot.. he has standard and bantams black and blue of each..

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  10. Mikesbirds

Dec 28, 2007
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Thank you Peachick!
    I've only bought shipped eggs twice; both times I had no eggs even begin to develop. In the same incubator "batches" I had my own eggs or other local eggs have 70-90% hatch. I hear that if they Xray the box the eggs are done for. I wonder if UPS next-day would be better? Do they Xray?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by