Want the Americauna eggs? **WINNER ON PAGE 4**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Calebs Acre, May 10, 2009.

1. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I just won the wonderful Americauna eggs that badnfluinz just generously gifted, but I have my incubators full and I don't hatch chickens very well, so I would love to give them to someone who will really enjoy them.

So, just post why you want them and I'll have my friend pick the winner tomorrow night. We'll have the entries close at 9:00PM EST.

There is no pre-conceived notion on what she's looking for in your reason. Any reason is fine. YES, you can nominate another member if you like!

I'll simply have badnfluinz ship directly to the winner!!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    That is so generous of you!
    I would love to have some Americauna eggs! We recently lost 10 chickens & of those 10, five were my Americaunas. I had a problem with a predator (resolved now) that apparently liked the taste of them better than my other chickens. My two favorite chickens were Hedwig & Hauke... we lost them in the attack. The closest thing I have to an Americauna right now is one EE hen, Phoenix. My BAs pick on her, but she's a good girl.
    I miss my Americaunas!

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I would like some EE Eggs!

In all honesty "mutts" or "designer" anything seem to fit best in my family....even the humans in our family are "designer" breed! LOL

We have all ethnicity's in my family and 2 mixed pups and a mixed cat!

Heck, even our fish seem to breed all mixed up!

So all in all, we need some more mixing going on over here so we can have a Mix Party! lol.

oh yeah, The bator is EMPTY! [​IMG]

4. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I nominate lickskillet. If you have not heard about what happen to her and her DD here is her post

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=178764
    17 of her chickens got kill by a dog. DD seen it all happen.
    I think new chick is just want DD need to help her will all her pain of losing her pets. God Bless you whole family Lickskillet.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  5. Spunky~Chick~Mom

Spunky~Chick~Mom Chicken Crazed!

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta
    Wow, It is really cool you are doing this!

My story... lol...

Basicly everything we own is adopted.. 2 dog shelter adoptions, 1 dog rescued from a local person, 1 mini horse hurricane katrina victim, 1 pony adopted cause owner passed away, 2 sheep adopted from rescue center and..
    we originally adopted 2 roos that were going to be my co workers dinner. They free range around our yard. So one day my husband decides we need EGGS... So luckly the feed store was doing their livestock sale that coming weekend... I bought 2 1year old hens. Brought them home left them in a crate for my roos to adjust to them. Let them out and 4 hours later they were dead. My mom's dog came over and killed them.

So, my husband and I built a coop and adopted 6 already laying hens from someone. they are happy and healthy now... all of the animals.

I do this all because I want our kids to grow up with animal and experience different things. My daughter tells everyone she meets what kind of animals she has.

So I recentlly ordered some chicks. My family could not be happier with them!!! SO ANYWAY! I say all that because.

I am wanting the kids to experience eggs hatching! I just think that it is something amazing to experience.

Good luck choosing! Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  6. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Pagan:

I have gone through the predator problems and as soon as I think that I have them solved, they remind me that they are cunning. I've never hated an animal in my life...until I started to see what these predators can do.

I'm happy that you have it fixed!!

N

7. millerwb

millerwb Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2009
    Bryan, TX
    We have just started with chickens. My 14 yr old daughter really enjoys them and would like to hatch some eggs. She helped build the coop and today helped build a brroder.

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I would really like some Ameraucanas just because no egg basket would be complete without those beautiful blue eggs! I don't really have a good reason for wanting them - I just do. All I can say is I have a huge barn for all my chickens and they'd be spoiled rotten here!

9. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

i just love them they are diffrent. i only have one roo and hen old enough to breed . i had two but the coons got her. someone on this board sent me some seed eggs if they come up i just might get a new start with them. so thanks for at least giving me a chance.

10. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    If you consider us, we'd share the eggs with the little girl across the street. Most of her chickens are getting up there in age and her father said she had to rehome some of them, and she did, but now she doesn't have very many egg layers, or very many pet chickens. They don't make a whole lot of money so they need to raise a lot of their own food, including their own eggs. They wouldn't eat the birds when they got older either. She would love and spoil those chicks immensely and she has experience too hatching the eggs. She would also take them to 4-H in the egg production section. My girls also are looking for future egg producers to take to the 4-H fair. We don't plan to eat the birds, just love them and spoil them terribly, lol. They love any eggs different from the standard brown or white eggs and want some of their own to raise so they can get that surprise when they go to collect the eggs. We have a good sized coop and protected running room, and they will be spoiled and loved right from hatching. I hope you do consider us. I'd love to be able to tell the little girl across the street that I had a belated birthday present for her. Thanks for reading this!

Last edited: May 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by