Want to add humidity and water without opening the top? Heres how..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DMSrabbit, Dec 27, 2010.

1. DMSrabbit

DMSrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I have heard SEVERAL people complaining about how to add water to your trays while not opening your incubator. If you have a hovabator, heres an EASY solution.. I made this in about 3 min..

First, i dont have the red plug vents in the top of my incubators. I read (in the dry hatching manual) and they recommend to take those off, as it will allow you to control your humidity much easier (allowing for better water evaporation).

So i took a small squeeze bottle, a small piece of plastic tubing, a small metal piece of a coat-hanger, and some tape. Now i just unscrew the top of the squeeze bottle, add warm water (more humidity and less effect on the temperature), insert the straight end into the air vent, straight down into the sole open egg slot, and then squeeze in a small amount each morning until i reach about 35-40%, for bantams a bit more (60% or so).. Simple as that... Also if your bator is completely full, you can just insert the tubing in between the turner into the bottom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Niffty [​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quiet Nifty - [​IMG]

4. DMSrabbit

DMSrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for the comments, i hope this helps some people..

BTW Heres what it looks like with a full bator: you can just stick it between the turners and it works just fine!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by