Want to buy an austrolorp & sell/trade a golden laced wyand. (Seattle)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by P&A in Seattle, May 6, 2008.

1. P&A in Seattle

P&A in Seattle New Egg

May 5, 2008
    Seattle
    We have a black austrolorp hen and we'd like to get another one to keep her company. We recently got a 1 year-old golden laced wyandotte to be her companion but despite all our attempts at introducing the two of them gradually, they just don't like each other (individually, both are very sweet).

So, please let us know if:
    1. you have a black austrolorp you'd like to sell us, or
    2. you'd like to buy our golden laced wyandotte, or
    3. you'd like to trade us an austrolorp for our wyandotte.

Thanks!

2. dawn123

dawn123 New Egg

Aug 7, 2007
    You should try out bothell feed or de youngs in woodinville. They only have day old but they have a great variety to choose from. There babys come in mid week and I know you would find what you are looking for.,

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If they are both adults, how long have you tried to get them to be friends? It can take 2-4 weeks for them to figure out who is who and finally get along if they are introduced as adults, where one is already established as "ruler."

It's a process all introduced birds will have to go though.

4. P&A in Seattle

P&A in Seattle New Egg

May 5, 2008
    Seattle
    Quote:Thanks, I appreciate your wisdom; we're going to hold on to the new girl and really try to make it work. We've built a second coop and enclosed run for the new girl right next to the original coop and the birds are already becoming a bit more relaxed around each other (and they're both laying, which they weren't for the first few days they were living side-by-side). We've also installed some electric lighting for when it gets cloudy and are giving them both lots of treats, so I hope we're making the environment as pleasant and stress-free as possible for them. Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by