1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Want to buy Black, Blue, White Standard Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by khable, Feb 22, 2009.

1. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Hi all,

I have Buff Orpington Gals and just love them! I would like to add to my orpington flock but would like to vary the color a bit.

I also would like to only purchase about 3 or 4 of them. I ordered from My Pet Chicken before and had a good experience with them. But I don't see that they carried any other colors.

Anyone know where I can purchase just a few day old Black, Blue or White Orpington chicks??

I would also be willing to pick them up if they are with in an hour or two drive from my Dutchess County, NY home.

Thanks in advace for any help!

[​IMG]

2. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Kim,
    I am about 2 hours from Port Jervis, NY. After breeding season around August I have 3 blue Large fowl hens you could have. One very good quality and two just breeder quality. You can also have a pick of all the blue young ones since I don't keep or breed the common blues but Orpington hens are very hard to get in Black, Blue or white. I may have a few blacks or whites but can't guarantee any will be available. Sorry, no eggs available. Harry

Contact Sara on here I think she has a few blacks soon to sell.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. tberggren

tberggren Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    I will be hatching out some BBS Orpington chicks this Spring, I don't know where I am in relation to you but if you are interested in getting on a waiting list let me know.

Warm Regards
    Theresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by