Want to buy chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by oldchickenlady, Sep 24, 2010.

1. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    I am looking for a few more chicks or pullets. I want to buy SLW's, GLW's and BLRW's. I would like 2 or 3 of each, or whatever I can get. Standard size only, no bantams. I would also like a SLW roo. I will take any age from chicks to started pullets. Located in middle TN, willing to travel some distance to pick up. Thanks!

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    LOL to bad you live way up there I have a pair of SLW I need to get rid of.

3. oldchickenlady

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    [​IMG] Yeah they are scarce around here. I have seen some SLW but not very pretty ones. I went and looked at some the other day that were the most pitiful looking things! All pecked over, no tail feathers...it was sad! The guy had waaay too many birds in each pen. I can order some chicks from one of the hatcheries for October delivery, but wanted to try to find some now locally. We'll see...

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'm not sure where you are in TN, but there is a big auction coming up next weekend (Oct. 2) between Franklin and Scottsville KY. I'm sure you could find some of the breeds you are looking for there.

Have you tried posting on the TN people thread under the 'Where am I? Where are you?' forum?

5. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    there is a chicken show in cookville, oct 2, starts at 7 am, at the putnam county fairgrounds. there may be some for sale.

6. oldchickenlady

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Thanks bigdawg and shelleyd for the info. I am off that weekend so I could maybe go to the one in Cookville. I am in the Nashville area, so anywhere in TN, southern Ky, northern AL, southeast IL would be in the area of being able to pick up in person. Does this chicken show have a name or something that I could look up online? I will google putnam county fairgrounds and see if I can get directions to it.

7. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    there is a add on golsn farm and garden section. they could tell ya.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by