1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

want to buy Coturnix quail, western KY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crtrlovr, Nov 13, 2008.

1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi. I have one lone quail (out of an original 5) that survived a raccoon attack. (Raccoon got in by climbing a 5' fence, then reached through the ONE spot I didn't get covered well enough in the quail enclosure and ripped their heads off. I've remedied that situation now). I have her in the house in the aviary room with my cockatiels & other birds, but I know she is lonely for her own kind. She calls, and no one answers. [​IMG] Does anyone have a few (or even one) quail they would be willing to sell so she is no longer alone? I'd be willing to pick it up if you live within a reasonable distance of Paducah, KY. (By reasonable I mean within an hour's drive or so).

2. crtrlovr

I forgot to mention that it doesn't matter what color it is; the one I have is the lighter gold speckled kind. The ones I lost were the dark brown speckled, dark brown speckled w/ white bib, and two whites w/ black spots on their heads. At this point, I just want one of ANY color so she won't be so lonesome.

3. crtrlovr

sigh .. so noone has a quail they'll sell me so my one lone girl can have a friend of her own kind? [​IMG]

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I've got quail...but the shipping will kill the fun! If you don't care holler.

5. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have 4 cortunix quail,
    At least one is laying eggs, maby 2 are, but pretty sure not all are female.
    If you can come here or I can meet you somewhere I will give them to you.
    Im in Indiana, but right across Shirman Minton bridge from Louisville.

6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I have cotornix quail due to hatch in about 6 days. If you want some day olds, I'd be happy to share. Don't know how many will hatch. I'm hoping for a good hatch.

I know how hard it is to have one lone hen. THey do like having their own kind for companionship. I went through it last year. [​IMG]

Either way, good luck finding her a companion(s). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by