Want to buy Cuckoo Maran Hen Va or Eastern WV

mama2many

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 20, 2010
I am looking for a Maran pullet, hen or heck even some chics and don't want to wait until fall to order from the hatcheries. Please let me know if there are any interested sellers, I am willing to travel. Would consider a trio for breeding purposes.

Thanks,
Amber:)

The bird I am looking for is black and lays dark brown eggs. Chocolate almost. I purchased a black alstroupe by mistake and once I figured out what she was I was in love soooooooo. She's a keeper, now I am trying again. Thank goodness my husband dosn't mind building.....
tongue.png
tongue.png

many marans lay dark brown eggs . Cuckoos lay the lightest and blk copper the darkest. Cuckoos are (hens) look like bar rocks but darker. There is solid black,blue,splash,wheaton and more. I have a cuckoo hen sitting on 2 of her own eggs and I hope to be hatching more soon. you can look at my byc pages to see some. all of them are great! just up to you to pick the ones you really want. keep in touch with me if you would want any i have as some are not laying yet and i can put you on my waiting list - wheatons ,blues right now are on the waiting list. I'm npip too. best of luck !

Thank you so much for the info. I think I want copper marans. I want the darkest eggs possible. I have 3 EE's that lay greenish blue eggs, 2 black alstroupes, 2 red star sex links, 1 silkie and guinea hens. I love seeing the egg box full of all different colored eggs. I hope to get some white egg layers soon for contrast. I have guinea keets, 2 EE and 3 EE/silkie mix, 1 barred rock, 1 turken and 1 very confused grey pullet that thinks she is a guinea, none of which are laying yet. They are only 10 weeks old, so I've got a ways to go........ My kids get a kick out of all the different colors too, and now that the silkie is laying and the guinea hen. My son likes to eat the "wittle" eggs. Keeping chickens has been great for us and we do really enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom