1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Want to buy Plymouth Barred Rock Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by FinelyFeathered, Jan 23, 2013.

1. FinelyFeathered

FinelyFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2012
    Northern Ohio
    Looking for a breeder selling Plymouth Barred Rock Hatching Eggs! Want to for set date Middle of March! Please PM me!!

2. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    i just got 5 pullets and 2 cockerelsthey might be laying by then.

3. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Jeremy Woeppel in Nebraska has some of the nicest Heritage Barred Rocks around IMO...lay well, huge and definite SQ potential. here are pics of 2 of my 10 month old pullets. he ships eggs, chicks and started birds too...may have some eggs/chicks starting in March. Here's his website. Perhaps let him know you are a BYC member too.

http://www.xwpoultryranch.com[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/735637/good-shepherd-poultry-ranch-sale-list-for-2013

This is the link for Good Shepherd Ranch sale list this year. Good Shepherd Plymouth Rocks are the old Imperial Ringlet Barred Rock line. If I can't find some heritage hens in my area I'll be hatching some of these for Easter. Not that these eggs will be show quality but certainly the potential to be and a great stock to selective breed for competition. Try a BYC search for Good Shepherd and you'll see a lot of pictures with info on these birds.

5. cbnovick

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    jeremy woeppel (original breeder stock from Good Shepherd--E.B. Thompson's 'Imperial Ringlet' Strain)
    http://xwpoultryranch.com/

6. ApronStrings

ApronStrings Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the link. He has some REALLY nice type going on in his PBR stock. Hope I can get him to send me some hatching eggs!!!

7. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    I've never heard that. Did Jeremy get his line from Ralph Sturgeon too? That's probable as Frank Reese of Good Shepherd did. Ralph who lived to be 100 got his originally from Thompson.

8. morgan36

morgan36 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Southern Ohio
    I have barred rock eggs that I can ship I live in Ohio

9. cbnovick

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Yes, Jeremy (Jwhip on BYC) got his original breeders from Good Shepherd Ranch, who got them from Sturgeon, who got them from E.B. Thompson the creator of the Imperial Ringlet strain debuted at Madison Square Garden in 1904 I believe. Stock from this strain from these breeders is pure without outcrossing to other lines. It's been my experience that they are calm birds that have great type, huge, bred to APA standard, and have plenty of vigor too. They are my favorite over any other of my birds past and present. Jeremy has a waiting list for eggs and chicks usually starting in late Spring. He also breeds silver penciled bantam rocks and white heritage Dorkings.

10. Marans and More

Marans and More Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2008
    Douglasville, Georgia
    Yes, the EB Thompson line of Barred Rocks are nothing but beautiful birds in every way.
    We will be hatching and selling a few chicks and eggs this up comming spring 2014.
    Lee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by