Want to buy rare color polish in NH

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenpiedpiper, Jun 1, 2010.

1. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Songster

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Greetings! I was doing some research on our beloved Polish, and discovered all the ASTONISHING colors they come in, Now, I have a bunch of the run of the mills, but I am looking for those really different ones to add to the flock, I am willing to travel for the right birds, and will even settle for eggs if I have to..... Please, let me know what you have!

I am looking for, but am not limiting myself to; White Crested Khaki Polish, White Crested Chocolate Polish, White Crested Cuckoo Polish, White Crested Buff Polish, White Laced Red Polish, Self Cuckoo Polish, Tolbunt Polish, Partridge Polish, Crele Polish, Black Crested White Polish, Columbian Polish, Buff Columbian Polish, Black Tailed Red Polish

And of course and frizzled polish that are available will be welcomed too! I have seen them at the shows, and just love them!

2. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Songster

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Wow, NO one in NH, has cool colored polish? I saw them at the shows, and I posted on craigs list and here, and not a single response! I am amazed! now I want some more than ever!! is that chicken addiction or what!

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    On your list I breed wc chocolate, khaki, & cuckoo, but I live in MD. I could send you hatching eggs, but I have a bit of a waiting list so it might be a few weeks. Also, with the way choc, khaki, & cuckoo work (& the way my pens are set up), you'd also hatch wc blacks & I can't guarantee you'd hatch khaki. All of the resulting chicks from my pens would be pure colors, this is just the way some of these genes work (I can explain what I have in each of my pens & what they produce, if you are interested). I *might* also have started pairs available later this fall that I could ship.

Good luck! Wish I knew someone in your neck of the woods that I could refer you too. [​IMG] If you saw some of the colors that you are interested in at the shows, the thing to do is get the show exhibitor's list, which will list the breeders & their contact info--each exhibitor will have an assigned number that is on their coop card, you can find the owners of the birds that you are interested in that way. If you can't catch up with them at the show, you can contact them afterward & see if they have any breeding stock available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: