Want to find cheap eggs, maybe a cheap bator/bator parts?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bebop, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Bebop

Bebop Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not new to the forum, just haven't posted in a while.
    I had been wanting chickens for a LONG time! I did have some, but it was short lived after a I ordered a batch that didn't ended up not hatching (PO was rough on them..) and had some chickens and guineas that succumbed to the cold weather... We were in the city for a while and apartments do not allow chickens, apparently [​IMG] I left my big ol rooster with my inlaws and they love him!
    Now, the Army has moved us to Louisiana, and we were very lucky to find a place out in the country.
    Anyway, long story short: I want to find some eggs to hatch out! My husband just recently got me a couple Nigerian dwarf goats (he's a really awesome kind of husband ^_^) and we want to get some guineas and chickens, but can't really afford to get anything offered out here, which are already grown and cost at least $10/bird.
    I would love to someday get some purebred birds, like dorkings, salmon favorelles, orpingtons, marans, silkies, etc, but I know I won't be able to afford to spent $40 on eggs that might not hatch, I want to start with someone who has a cheap dozen of mixed birds in the same state or nearby state (so they don't have to travel TOO far).

Shoot me some offers! >^.^< Thanks!

2. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a couple of incubators I need to sell.

3. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i sent you a pm

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I have mostly crosses but I do have one pen with pure. I don't show so the pure would only be pet quality. If you are wanting to pick up I live in southern MS and would say $0.50 per egg.

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby &amp; farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:Bebop, since you are in the service, I'll be glad to work with you on prices. We do have purebred eggs - including black copper marans, orpingtons - blue, black, splash, lavendar, barred rocks, RIR heritage, etc. Please send me a pm if you are interested. I'd be honored to serve you! Our web site only has pics of some of our birds as we full time farm, it's hard for me to keep up web site, farm, freeze, can, plant, weed, milk, etc. At rate, please pm us if you like.

Have a blessed day and thanks for your family's service to our Country. Nancy

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I don't have anything pure laying right now, but I do have some interesting mixes [​IMG]
    LF hens (laying) are a black cochin, a white langshan, a barred rock, a white leghorn, a golden lakenvelder, and a few LF Old english games. I know these are all laying, though it's hard to say whose eggs I'll find on any given day [​IMG] The BR and white leghorn lay in the barn, so those are a definite. I think the langshan is the one laying with my broody, those look like her eggs [​IMG]
    Bantam hens that are laying are mostly blue or black Old English Game bantams. I have 1 spangled OEGB also laying, then a bantam EE (NOT blue egger) hen that is laying. Of course my 'good' birds are all on hiatus (silkies, bantam cochins, d'uccles), but if I'd happen to get any from them you're welcome to those. The d'uccles and silkies are penned, the cochins aren't right now though.
    Here's the list of 'available' roosters, basically what I have running out there with everyone else [​IMG]
    Barred rock
    LF black cochin/BB Red OEG mix
    lemon blue OEGB
    Blue dutch
    black rosecomb
    EE/OEGB mix
    bantam cochin (1 blue and 1 mottled)
    and I think that's all of them.
    Since they are mostly all running around the yard still I only charge the eating-egg price of $2 a dozen plus shipping. Depending on how many you'd get, shipping should be between $8 and $12. I get from 6-12 a day depending on how well the girls hide their nests that time, so 1-2 dozen can go at one time [​IMG]

Let me know if you're interested, thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by