Want to see a baby chick hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamaginabean, Mar 29, 2009.

1. mamaginabean

mamaginabean Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    MI
    I have video up on my blog (not able to imbed the video here unfortunately) that the Mr. took yesterday while our Silkies hatched. Thought someone might want to see it [​IMG]
    http://eggstraordinarylife.blogspot.com/

2. ingv8700

ingv8700 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2008
    Pequot Lakes, MN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats on the chicks

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    VERY cool!!! I loved watching and I got two surprises when I watched. I thought the OTHER egg was the one hatching when, all of a sudden, poof! Here comes a baby literally popping out of the other egg! And then, come to find out, she had a little black friend waiting for her. Soooo sweet. Thanks for sharing. Has the other one made it out yet?

4. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Great video! Thanks for sharing... such a beautiful sight![​IMG]

5. mamaginabean

mamaginabean Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Unfortunately only 3 out of 4 hatched (I haven't uploaded the "birth" video for the other one(s), I'm not sure what kind of footage the Mr. got, I was at yoga while they hatched [​IMG]). I did end up opening the fourth eggs and got some really great photos- I mean, as great as photos of an unhatched chick can get, you know? I figured it had already died, it might as well not have been in vain....a very good learning experience. I'll be posting those pictures later, if you're interested.

6. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    that was so exciting watching it hatch! that thing had some energy! all of a sudden, it just popped out of the egg. very cool. they were both very cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by