Want to sell some of my BLRW eggs but have a big question.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, Feb 22, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I would like to list some on the 24 hour auction thread. However, I noticed one of the "rules" was to post information such as "are they pullet eggs". Mine are. I have hatched a ton of pullet eggs with no issues. Just wondering if I should just forget it or go ahead and try anyway? Are people interested in buying/hatching eggs from pullets?

2. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    how much [​IMG] Id buy some. Goodluck

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I'd say go ahead and list them. People have the option to bid or not based on the info. I don't see why pullet eggs would be a negative.

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I have hatched out chicks from pullet eggs with no problem They were even shipped! I say go for it! [​IMG]

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well.....on the auction thread, I wouldn't be setting a price. People just bid. I think I will. [​IMG]

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

It depends. How long have they been laying? If they have been laying for a month or so, id go ahead and list, but if they just started laying, i would wait a while.

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    They are getting pretty close to laying a month now. I have 5 of them in the bator right now.......only day 3 though. [​IMG] I have hatched eggs from VERY new layers but I know some people won't hatch pullet eggs. Sounds like there might be some interest though. [​IMG]

8. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I hatch pullet eggs and they do just as well as the others...chicks just aren't as big. [​IMG]

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I don't have an issue with pullet eggs myself. Some of my best birds hatched from pullet eggs. I have heard people gritch on different boards aobut being sent "pullet eggs" like it was bad, and getting a bad hatch. If you call it out, the people who don't want pullet eggs can skip your auction (and kick themselves in the butt three weeks from now when someone shows gorgeous chicks) Please DO post pics of your birds, as there is such wide range of quality out there. And if you want a minimal bid, put it down. You can say, BLRW eggs.... bla bla blahh... starting bid $20 or whatever you think it should be. Your auction, just write it how you want it and have fun! [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] Yeah, I will post pics of my babies. I figure I will just let the people bidding set the price. It will only be a half dozen anyway. [​IMG] I, personally, want to just hatch them all but I know that isn't reasonable!!! LOL We actually ate some this morning. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by